Corey helps design businesses that are the building blocks of a saner, healthier and more compassionate world. She does this by co-creating DOJO4 as place that quashes assumptions about how we think business should be done and by advocating for a more enlightened, human way of doing business through writing, speaking, and creative projects. Being an incorrigible connector, dedicated fun-haver, and relentlessly practical idealist has been integral to doing her best work.
Some more or less known tidbits about Corey:
- She was raised in a Buddhist family and got her middle name, Nigu, from Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche.
- She’s studied biology and math at Acadia University in Nova Scotia, medical anthropology at McGill and communications at Concordia, both in Montreal.
- She’s a widely published photographer.
- During her first career in documentary film, she worked mostly on social justice oriented films, and even on a few Oscar nominated productions.
- She helps run a Buddhist military children’s camp every summer, and leads a wilderness rites of passage for 16 year-olds.
- She lives in a trailer park.
All of Corey’s work is made possible through the good company of her exceptionally patient husband, Michael, and fearless, funny daughters, Florence and Phoebe.
- Ragged Island, ME, USA
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Soundtrack to Stand By Me
Really good at
- Connecting people
- Getting things done quickly and well
- Thinking things are funny
Part of the work that makes you come alive
Building an organization to be transformational, impactful and welcoming
Been with the company how long?
Since just a few weeks after the very beginning
Running dojo4 is Corey's first 'real job.' Before her accidental film career, she worked in a greeting card factory, and as a bartender, a sunglass restocker, an actress, a Genuine Progress Indicator researcher and meditation program manager, amongst other sundry occupations.
- BA in Medical Anthropology from McGill
- Graduate Degree in Communications from Concordia
Born in Boulder